You are Registered for the Senior Scholarship Competition!
Students must bring a valid school ID to registration.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What time should I arrive to register?
Students should arrive no earlier than 8:00 a.m.
Session I: 9:00 a.m. - Noon. Session II: 1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Note: Session times are approximate
Does the Academy provide me with supplies?
No. YOU MUST PROVIDE YOUR OWN ART SUPPLIES.
Two 15" x 20" or 16" x 20" White Illustration Boards (Cold Pressed Surface)
Charcoal or pencil for figure drawing
Any medium with the exception of oil paints for still life
Should I bring lunch?
All students will be provided with lunch from the Academy during the lunch break.
What time will the competition end?
The competition will end by 4pm.
What are the Awards?
Four 2-Semester Scholarship for Full-Time Study.
Eight 1-Semester Scholarships for Full-Time Study.
Twenty 1/2 Semester Scholarships for Full-Time Study.
How do I get to the Academy?
for a google map: American Academy of Art
for the CTA's website: www.transitchicago.com
When will I be notified if I have placed in the competition?
All students will receive a notification letter by January 2019.
Rules for the 2018 Senior Scholarship Competition
1) Participants must be high school seniors graduating in the academic year 2018-2019.
2) Participants must draw from a live model in costume using charcoal or pencil. The full figure is to be completed in black and white
on a 15” x 20” or 16" x 20" white illustration board, cold press surface.
3) Participants must draw a still life in color using any medium, with the exception of oil paint, on a 15” x 20” or 16" x 20" white illustration board, cold press surface.
4) You must attend both the life drawing and still life sessions. You will turn in both pieces the day of the event.
5) No marks of identification are to appear on the front of the artwork. However, the participant’s name, address, telephone number, and high school must be printed on the back of each piece in the upper right corner.
6) The drawings will be judged by the American Academy of Art’s faculty. Criteria for judging
will be based on fundamental skill.
7) Participants are limited to one entry per student.
8) Awards are for full-time programs.
Award announcements will be made in January 2019.
Scholarship winners must enroll no later than Monday, April 29, 2019
and must begin their studies during the Fall 2019 academic term.
All admission procedures and requirements apply to scholarship recipients.
Matriculation must be directly from high school.
No cash awards will be granted.
Participants must claim their artwork by March 15, 2019.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us at 312-461-0600.
American Academy of Art
If you can't make it to one of these dates you can schedule a personal tour of the Academy by clicking here